The first point of contact for you is Coolmine’s Outreach team. We offer one-to-one counselling, assessment and information in order to support and assist you to make the right choice to get help.
1. Phone: Contact Coolmine’s Outreach Team on 087 1229307
2. Attend: an information session every Tuesday afternoon at 2.30pm in the Ana Liffey Drug Project, 51 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1.
This group is open to anyone to get help and information on our services. It does not matter what stage of substance use or recovery you are at. Family members, support workers or key workers are also welcome to attend this session with you. You will have an assessment booked following the group.
3. Referral: download our Referral form and return by email to email@example.com or fax to 01 633 5522.
- You will be guided to the most appropriate programme in Coolmine or to another agency if Coolmine does not meet your needs.
- You will be invited to attend pre-entry groups which are held on Tuesdays at 2.30pm in the ADAPT service in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 ( ADAPT, Coolmine Industrial Estate). In preparation for admission you will be invited to attend a second Pre-entry group on Fridays at 11am.
- Pre-entry is an important time to prepare for the treatment programme and to support you with reducing and stopping your substance use
- We provide supervised urine screening during pre-entry and on our programmes
- Family support or the support of a concerned person is very beneficial in treatment, we would encourage you to involve a loved one in your treatment as early as possible. We can offer additional supports through our Family Support Group and CRAFT programmes
- Once you are ready and a place is available you will be admitted onto your programme. This may happen very quickly or it may take a number of weeks.
- In collaboration with the DAISH Project we also run a pre-entry group in Bray every Monday from 1-3pm, please contact Mick on 086 886 8824 or Outreach on 087 122 9307.
Phone 087 122 9307
Coolmine House is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm for you to call into and find out more information on our day and residential services.
There is a drop-in service for treatment options advice and practical support every Thursday morning 10am- 12noon. 11am to 12 noon is needle exchange.
The outreach staff facilitate assessments, weekly groups, offering ongoing assessment and support to those awaiting a place on a treatment programme, and pre-entry groups which familiarise clients with working in the group environment on which their treatment will be based.
Coolmine’s Prison Outreach Service covers operates in Dublin (Cloverhill, Wheatfield and Mountjoy), as well as the Midlands Prison and Cork Prison. This includes onsite referral and assessment services through the Probation Service or Merchants Quay Ireland addiction counsellors. Coolmine provides group therapy in Mountjoy’s Medical Unit programme also.
Clients who successfully complete the programme then have the option of moving to the Mountjoy Training Unit to serve the remainder of their sentence.
Coolmine’s Community Outreach Service works with community drug teams across Dublin to complete holistic assessments and identify treatment options. We also work closely with drug treatment centres, providing a community detox service with Trinity Court (National Drug Advisory and Treatment Centre) and carrying out on-site assessments for Cuan Dara (Cherry Orchard Hospital) St Michael’s Ward (Beaumont Hospital), Lantern Project (Peter Mc Verry Trust) preparing clients to engage with a primary treatment programme once they have completed their detox.