Our first of six Cork/Kerry hubs is based in The Glen in Cork City, providing localised support for those impacted by problematic substance use and provide the opportunity to lead a fulfilled and productive life.
Our Cork/Kerry hub provides a range of evidence-based practices to support clients including Harm Reduction, Case Management and Parenting under Pressure (PUP).
This service operates from inter-agency approach to enhance outcomes for clients impacted by problematic use in the Cork/Kerry area.
This position is the first of its kind in Ireland, a new initiative that sees referrals from Cork district court being redirected from the criminal system to the health system. The process involves first time drug offenders being directed to me, to be screened and assessed and then referred to specialist health services where required. In addition to this, a pathway has been created with liaison psychiatry whereby, patients identified as having substance misuse issues, are referred to be to be assessed and subsequently referred to community-based projects as part of their discharge care plan.
Our under 18 counsellor specialises in substance misuse/dependence.
Counselling support is also available to under 18’s who are affected by parental or familial substance use/dependence.
• Work with people from Cobh and surrounding areas, on a one to one basis, whose lives are affected by drugs and/or alcohol
• Support people in recovery from drug and/or alcohol addiction
• To tailor make a plan for each person encouraging change, growth, healthy lifestyle choices and fulfilling their potential
• Support/provide information for loved ones and family members of those struggling with addiction
• Provide a safe, confidential environment where people are listened to and free to discuss issues
• Provide a link between service users in Cobh and East Cork to other services where appropriate i.e. treatment centres, health clinics, assessment & counselling services etc.
• Act as an advocate for the service user
• Auricular Acupuncture