Offers support to those affected by problematic alcohol use eg. those who drink heavily or on a regular basis and whose persistent drinking interferes with their health, relationships, employment or other key aspects of their lives.
Pre-entry is Thursday 10.30am-1pm. The Alcohol Programme runs for 20 weeks every Monday and Friday 11am-2pm and Wednesday 2pm-4pm. The programme consists of two groups per week, one peer led meeting, key working, and care planning and an Aftercare programme that runs on Thursday 7pm-8.30pm. The programme is run by our project workers along with the support of Coolmine’s nursing team who are on hand to liaise with your GP if necessary.
- Assigned key worker
- Initial care plan
- 5x Key working sessions
- Progression needs identified in each key working session
- Referred to appropriate services
- Attended one AA/Life Ring meetings per week
- Attend one social meeting with peers per week
- Review care plan with key worker
- 5xKey working sessions
- Minimum of two AA/Life Ring meetings per week
- Progression route to aftercare identified
- Social reintegration and employment/educational options explored
- Preparation for graduation