Welcome to Ashleigh House Playschool & Crèche. At Ashleigh House our childcare team promises to provide you and your child with the highest standard of care. We have built our childcare setting purposely to facilitate your needs. At Ashleigh House our team will promise to do their upmost to ensure that you have the peace of mind at all times. It reassures you that a highly competent, qualified and warm team are nurturing and caring for your child.
At Ashleigh House Playschool & Crèche we are committed to providing a full day service of the highest standard. We are registered and approved by the TUSLA, and Early Childhood Ireland. Trained, motivated and friendly staff is the cornerstone of this service. The service encourages a strong teamwork approach to help build and support our shared objectives. Ashleigh House Preschool & crèche is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Ashleigh House Preschool & crèche provides an excellent service from birth to children and up to 5 years, depending on the child’s needs, this may vary. We aim to provide the perfect environment for children to develop their social, personal and educational skills and learn through a planned child-led curriculum.
Above all, your child’s welfare and your peace of mind are most important to us. We provide a warm, loving, home-from-home environment. Here in Ashleigh House we will provide your child with a safe, secure, caring and nurturing environment, where they can fulfil their childhood needs for their duration of their residency.
At Ashleigh House Preschool & crèche we believe every child has the right to a peaceful, happy and fun childhood, We will provide every child with a safe, secure, caring and nurturing environment. We aim to promote optimal development for each child, support parent’s and ensure each child is treated with equality, dignity and respect. We promise each parent, that highly competent, qualified and warm team are caring for and nurturing your child.
Children’s welfare and their rights to secure, healthy and happy childhood are paramount. The experiences children receive in their early years are critically important in terms of future development. Children are entitled to expect that all adults will respect, uphold and preserve their rights and to ensure that their feelings and wishes are taken into account. Children should have the opportunity to make choices and develop a sense of responsibility for their own actions appropriate to their age. Children, parents and carers should not be discriminated against, particularly in relation to colour, age, race, religion, gender, disability medical conditions or background. Parents should be recognised and respected as children’s first and continuing educators.
The ethos of Ashleigh House Preschool & Crèche
To allow the children to be :
Happy and confident
Have a sense of security
Share and care with others
Explore and question
Respectful of themselves and other
- To provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment which embraces all children and values their race, language, gender, age, disability, culture, class and religion.
- To value all children as individuals and appreciate their uniqueness.
- To value parents and carers as the primary educators of the child.
- To have high expectations of the children and ourselves.
- To ensure that all staff receives appropriate training and maintain high levels of practice.
- To develop practice which is based on a philosophy of responsibility towards each other.
- To encourage the children about the extensive range of creativity and imagination experiences through the arts.
- To develop practice which values the wider community as a means of adding to the richness of our curriculum and centre
- To recognise children as an important part of our community.
- We aim to deliver a quality care and play curriculum which addresses children’s well-being, identity and belonging, communication and exploring and thinking, along the principles of Aistear, the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework.
- We aim to work with ‘Síolta’ The National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education, by following its 12 principles of quality and the 16 standards within its framework.
- We operate within the Childcare (Pre-School Services) (No 2) Regulations 2016 and The National Standards for Pre-Schools (2010)