Children’s welfare and their rights to secure, healthy and happy childhood are paramount. The experiences children receive in their early years are critically important in terms of future development. Children are entitled to expect that all adults will respect, uphold and preserve their rights and to ensure that their feelings and wishes are taken into account. Children should have the opportunity to make choices and develop a sense of responsibility for their own actions appropriate to their age. Children, parents and carers should not be discriminated against, particularly in relation to colour, age, race, religion, gender, disability medical conditions or background. Parents should be recognised and respected as children’s first and continuing educators.
- To provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment which embraces all children and values their race, language, gender, age, disability, culture, class and religion.
- To value all children as individuals and appreciate their uniqueness.
- To value parents and carers as the primary educators of the child.
- To have high expectations of the children and ourselves.
- To ensure that all staff receives appropriate training and maintain high levels of practice.
- To develop practice which is based on a philosophy of responsibility towards each other.
- To encourage the children about the extensive range of creativity and imagination experiences through the arts.
- To develop practice which values the wider community as a means of adding to the richness of our curriculum and centre
- To recognise children as an important part of our community.
- We aim to deliver a quality care and play curriculum which addresses children’s well-being, identity and belonging, communication and exploring and thinking, along the principles of Aistear, the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework.
- We aim to work with ‘Síolta’ The National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education, by following its 12 principles of quality and the 16 standards within its framework.
- We operate within the Childcare (Pre-School Services) (No 2) Regulations 2016 and The National Standards for Pre-Schools (2010)