We offer a methadone detoxification as part of the residential and day services . This is overseen by our nursing team working with your community prescriber.
Referrals for methadone detoxification are taken from the individual, GPs, Hospitals, Social Workers and other agencies.
There is an information session every Tuesday afternoon at 2.30PM in the Ana Liffey Drug Project at 51 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1.
Contact outreach team on 087 1229307
The maximum entry dose for methadone is 40mls/daily.
The most commonly reported withdrawal symptoms by our clients are:
• General aches and pains
• Difficulty sleeping
• Restless legs
• Reviewed every day by Coolmine nurse
• Advice and support on managing symptoms
• Mild painkillers if needed
• Optmising health and wellbeing
• Community support from other clients
• Staff support