Educational groups encourage personal growth, provide work-related skills training, teach the group process, and include:
- Personal growth groups to teach participants how to explore concepts in an intellectual or conversational format
- TC job skills groups to teach participants about specific jobs required in the TC and the proper way to perform these jobs
- Clinical skills groups to teach new participants how to use group process tools via simulated or mock encounter groups
- Life skills groups to teach specific skills that participants need to succeed in mainstream society
- Re-entry groups (e.g. Step-down) to prepare participants to move back into the community.