Coolmine Therapeutic Community – Finance Manager
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment service providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland since 1973. We now have a vacancy for a Finance Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Finance & IT and will be responsible for managing all aspects of Coolmine’s day to day finance function.
– Perform and document monthly ledger reconciliations in particular, net wages, PAYE, pensions and advances.
– Prepare monthly management accounts for Head of Finance including:
- Monthly deferred income calculation
- Monthly depreciation charge
- Prepaid Income
- Cash flow statement
– Perform and document Bank reconciliations.
– Ensure monthly integration of Community Employment Scheme accounts into Coolmine accounting records
– Attend and present management accounts at Management Team meetings
– Actively support Management Team to assess value for money on expenditure; in particular clients and facility costs, such as, maintenance, training, food, and H&S
– Support Team Leaders and Managers in local financial management
Audit & Analysis
– Ensure implementation and operation of internal controls with regard to authorisations, cash/cheques, limits, record keeping and ensure these are being adhered to
– Supervision of Accounts Payable including input of purchase invoices, payment generation and ensuring creditors are reconciled on a monthly basis and that required documentation and authorisation is present
– Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts in SORP format
– Oversee year-end audit and active participation in internal audits
– Supervise Department of Social protection audits
– Ensure adherence with Capitalisation policy including maintenance of asset register & small valuables register.
Supervision of staff
– Management of staff assigned to the Finance function of Coolmine.
– Provide support, supervision and necessary training
– Prepare and submit funding reports in relation to Probation Service, HSE, Task Forces and other grant income received to set deadlines
– Handling queries from funders in a timely manner
– Ensuring up to date records are kept in relation to funder and other cash inflows
– Prepare monthly reconciliation with fundraising administrator to ensure accuracy of all records
– Ad hoc costing/business case modelling as required to support funding applications and preparation of business cases
– Submit Financial Return to Charity Regulator
– Check and agree Payroll reconciliation.
– Identify improvements to all financial processes on a regular basis
– Complete annual review and update of written financial procedures.
– Adhere to Coolmine’s Health & Safety processes and procedures
– Ensure procedures are communicated to managers and monitor their operation in practice.
– Support Finance Administrator in control and monitoring procedures in relation to client payments.
– Undertake/assist with any projects as identified by line manager
– Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
– Third level degree and completed accountancy exams (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounts/audit, ideally 4years
– Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and client interfacing skills
– Strong IT skills- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Standard Accounting software packages
– Experience in working and meeting multiple deadlines
– Ability to work with a high professional ethic and identify with the work of Coolmine
– Experience of supervising staff
– Knowledge of not for profit sector
Salary – The salary for the role is circa €50,000.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV to John Carroll, Head of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16th November 2018.