|Live Night Worker
|Coolmine Residential Limerick
|To assist the Team Leader and staff team in providing a quality service to clients as they progress through our residential service. A night worker participates as part of a therapeutic team and is expected to act as a viable resource to clients and staff.
|Fixed Term (12 months contract)
|63 Hours per Fortnight 11:30pm- 9:30am
|Hourly rate: €15.21
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland. Established since 1973. Coolmine Therapeutic Community believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We now have a vacancy for Night Workers. The successful candidates will report to the Senior Project Worker & Team leader. They will assist the team leader and staff team in providing a quality service to clients as they progress through our residential service. A night worker participates as part of a therapeutic team and they are expected to act as a viable resource to clients and staff.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but not limited to)
- Engage with and build a professional and trusting relationship with clients treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Coolmine Therapeutic Community.
- Perform all the duties relating to the facility, and to ensure that the immediate social needs of clients are met.
- To perform the practical tasks of caring for the client to ensure that night time running of the house is maintained (e.g., standards of living, hygiene of the facility, health and safety,) at the highest possible level.
- To work within the policies of Coolmine Therapeutic Community in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in a drug and alcohol- free environment.
- To complete all administrative tasks such as handover reports and relevant form filling are completed appropriately in order to ensure that the facility runs smoothly and effectively.
- To ensure that medication room is clean and tidy; that medication is stored appropriately in the medication cabinet, that all medication records are in order and to carry out any admin duties requested by the nursing team
- To ensure that all information pertaining to clients is communicated effectively in the handover and via email to the relevant key-workers
- To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers and being open to reasonable requests from facility manager in order to ensure effective work relationships.
The person spec sets out the essential abilities and qualities needed by the successful candidate for this post.
- Must hold a valid work permit for the EU & Ireland.
- Minimum FETAC level 5 or equivalent in addition studies or related field.
- Working towards a recognised Diploma or Degree.
- Experience of work with drug and alcohol users and/or excluded groups.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety, and the implications for the working environment.
- A knowledge of good practice in working with drug and alcohol users and other excluded groups.
- Knowledge of legislation affecting the sector
- Role models exemplary behaviour and attitude – is honest, consistent, and responsible.
- Works as part of a team supporting the objectives of the Coolmine.
- Is open to feedback and appraisal from clients, colleagues and management.
- Respect the ethos and values; of Coolmine Therapeutic Community.
- Has excellent communication skills and can present information in a way that is not over simplistic or complicated.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms, while being clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Has a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Uses assertive behaviour, demonstrating dignity and respect for self and others at all times.
- Has good awareness of self and others, grounded in the “here and now” with good anticipation and observational skills.
Interested candidates who meet the person specification requirements should send their CV
& Cover Letter with application reference code to Dylan Murphy, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 5th of January 2023.
Job Reference Code – HR/LRK/ADS/LNW/1223
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.