Community Addiction Team (CAT) D15 Team leader
|Job Title:||Community Addiction Team (CAT) D15 Team leader|
|Location:||37 A Coolmine Industrial Estate, Dublin 15|
|Reports to:||Community & Day Services Manager.|
|Hours:||35 hours per week. Some out of hours work required.|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term (Two Year Term)|
|Salary :||Competitive Salary|
|Purpose:||To lead and manage team to ensure the delivery of a quality service to clients that meets organisational standards and targets.|
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland. Established since 1973. Coolmine Therapeutic Community believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We now have a vacancy for Team Leader. The successful candidate will report to Community & Day Services Manager, to lead and manage team to ensure the delivery of a quality service to clients that meets organisational standards and targets.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but limited to)
- To provide excellent leadership and management to Community Addiction Team (CAT) D.15. This service shall provide treatment and rehabilitation support for adult men and women with problem substance use, including deliver of a Community Alcohol Programme and Cannabis Mental health service. To provide contact and interventions to young people and adolescents, at risk, experiencing problematic substance use, members of ethnic and new communities impacted by problematic substance use and integrated family work to deliver whole family outcome and support to family members impacted by problematic substance use.
- To lead and work as part of the D15 CAT team with regular and consistent communication, participating actively at all team meetings and supporting the ethos, philosophy and methodology of the therapeutic community model; reporting to the Community and Day Services Manager for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal, and client case review; and working within the parameters of the Coolmine HR policies and procedures.
- Enhance overall service delivery by establishing links with external partner agencies in D15 and build relationships to assist in information sharing, inter-agency working and collaborative projects, in particular BLDATF.
- Deliver a Family Support service using evidenced based models (5 – step method and CRAFT) and working collaboratively with already established D15 Family support services.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of the services in D15 CAT service in collaboration with the Community and Day services Manager through mediums such as internal statistics, emerging trends, client and staff feedback, quality peer reviews and audits responding to presenting client need and making recommendations for future service development.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation, filing, statistics, and paperwork are in line with the aims and standards of the project. Provide 1:2:1 support for clients, consulting with them and enabling them towards positive career plans and a healthy drug-free lifestyle.
- To ensure that all aspects of building maintenance, repair, and facility standards are attended to. Make recommendations for building improvements, repairs, and refurbishment, in keeping with Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- To ensure that all administrative duties are carried out in accordance with the required timelines and procedures in the area of time sheets, leave and absence records, rosters, and all other relevant paperwork.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation for the services in conjunction with the Residential Services Manager. Manage service performance in line with budget.
- To participate in the manager on-call rota as laid down in the policy covering this area.
- Third Level qualification in Addiction studies or related field ( Level 7 minimum )
- Three years’ experience working within the drug and alcohol field.
- Two years’ experience in line management and supervision of teams especially as Team leader or in a similar capacity.
- Experience of the implementation and evaluation of treatment programmes.
- Experience in providing outcomes reports.
- Ability and knowledge to lead effectively.
- Knowledge and experience of clinical governance.
- Knowledge of drugs and their effects.
- Ability to communicate positively with people.
- Ability to take a non-judgmental approach to substance misuse.
- Ability to deliver an emphatic and challenging approach to service users.
- Understanding of the connection between drug misuse and offending behaviour.
- Knowledge of local, Irish and European legislation in relation to GDPR, health, safety and welfare.
- Accredited CRA therapist or working towards accreditation.
- Qualification in leadership and/ or management.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Skills to motivate and develop staff to deliver quality service
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Committed to meeting the needs of excluded and marginalised people.
- Ability to manage change and be responsive to evolving organisational development.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV & cover letter to Justinah Bello, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Friday 24th May 2019.
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer. ��