|Job title:||Relief Worker|
|Location:||Various Coolmine Facilities|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term (12months)|
|Reports to:||Residential Services Manager|
|Purpose:||To assist the Team Leaders and staff teams in providing a quality service to clients as they progress through their therapeutic programme. A Relief worker participates as part of a therapeutic team and is expected to act as a viable resource to clients and staff.|
|Projects:||Coolmine Lodge Men’s Residential Ashleigh House Female Residential Coolmine House Community and Day Services D15CAT Community and Day Services|
|Values:||Dignity & respect; Compassion; Honesty, Consistency & Responsibility; Safety & Security; Committed to Quality.|
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland. Established since 1973. Coolmine Therapeutic Community believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We now have a vacancy for Relief Worker. The successful candidate will report to Residential Services Manager and assist the Team Leaders and staff teams in providing a quality service to clients as they progress through their therapeutic programme. A Relief worker participates as part of a therapeutic team and he/she is expected to act as a viable resource to clients and staff.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but limited to)
- To engage with and build a professional and trusting relationship with clients treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Coolmine Therapeutic Community.
- To perform all the duties relating to the facility, and to ensure that the immediate social needs of clients are met.
- To perform the practical tasks of caring for the client to ensure that night time running of the house is maintained (e.g., standards of living, hygiene of the facility, health and safety,) at the highest possible level.
- To support the client’s if/when there is activity throughout the night.
- To work within the policies of Coolmine Therapeutic Community in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in a drug and alcohol free environment.
- To complete all administrative tasks such as handover reports, rent receipts and relevant form filling are completed appropriately in order to ensure that the facility runs smoothly and effectively.
- To update internal client case management database, log interventions and care plans onto the system.
- To ensure that all information pertaining to clients is communicated effectively in the handover and via email to the relevant key-workers
- To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers and being open to reasonable requests from facility manager in order to ensure effective work relationships
- Minimum FETAC level 6 or equivalent in addition studies or related field.
- Working towards a recognised Diploma or Degree.
- Experience of working with drug and alcohol users and/or excluded groups.
- Experience of working with women in recovery.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety, and the implications for the working environment.
- A knowledge of good practice in working with drug and alcohol users and other excluded groups.
- Knowledge of legislation affecting the sector
- Has good awareness of self and others, grounded in the “here and now” with good anticipation and observational skills
- Has excellent communication skills and can present information in a way that is not over simplistic or complicated.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms, while being clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Has a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Uses assertive behaviour, demonstrating dignity and respect for self and others at all times.
- Role models exemplary behaviour and attitude – is honest, consistent, and responsible.
- Works as part of a team supporting the objectives of the Coolmine.
- Is open to appropriate challenges and confrontation from clients at the required time and place and is open to feedback and appraisal from colleagues and management.
- Respect for the ethos and values of Coolmine Therapeutic Community.
- Commitment to working within an environment which promotes Equal Opportunities and has regard for the Health and Safety of others.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV & cover letter to Justinah Bello, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Friday 24th May 2019.
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.