Head of Finance and Support Services
|Job Title:||Head of Finance and Support Services|
|Location:||Coolmine TC Head Office, Ringwood Centre, Damastown, Dublin 15.|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Job Type:||Full Time Permanent|
|Hours:||35 hours per week.|
|Purpose:||To lead, coordinate and manage the day-to-day finance function in Coolmine in a manner that meets organizational standards and targets.|
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland. Established since 1973. We now have a vacancy for Head of Finance & Support Services based in our Head Office in Ringwood Centre, Dublin 15. The successful candidate will report to the CEO, they will be responsible for managing day-to-day Finance function in Coolmine in a manner that meets organizational standards and targets.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but limited to)
- Manage Finance Team.
- Attend weekly Senior Management Team (SMT) meetings. Agree and present monthly management accounts to Senior Management team.
- Budget Preparation in consultation with management and presentation of same to Board for approval.
- Board Reporting- Income & Expenditure Summary reports; Balance Sheets, Cash-flow statements.
- Actively support Senior Management Team to assess global and departmental cost centres in terms of income, expenditure and value for money
- Prepare working papers and attend quarterly Finance Sub-Committee meetings. Finance Sub-committee member and secretariat function.
- Audit and Risk committee attendance when required.
- Build effective relationships with our main funders, Health Service Executive & Probation Service. Attend regular funding meetings. Cost-modelling existing & new services for funding proposals. Prepare Funding Applications and tenders in collaboration with Chief Executive, Head of Services and Head of Human Resources.
- Deliver on assigned 4-year strategic plan KPI’s and contribute to overall strategy implementation.
- Regular review and update of Financial Policies & Procedures. Implementation of an internal control audit system to ensure compliance to Financial P&P. Ensure financial management conforms to the highest standards of governance and stewardship.
- Be key point of contact with our Pension provider, co-ordinate and communicate scheme updates of same to staff.
- Lead the annual Insurance renewal process.
- Lead the annual statutory external audit.
- Liaison, preparation and submission of timely Financial Returns to relevant including Probation Service, HSE, and Task Forces.
- Generate submissions in line with appropriate funding levels required to deliver Coolmine’s services in a planned and safe manner. This includes applications for and reporting on ad-hoc grants received
- Provide line management and planning support to IT manager
- Ensure Coolmine has a fit for purpose organisational IT strategy to safeguard service delivery to our clients and efficient monitoring of the same.
- Ensure compliance of IT Data with GDPR and other relevant standards.
- Ensure adequate protection in place to negate cyber-security threats.
- Management of IT budget in co-ordination with IT manager.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience in Financial Management (ideally in the Not for Profit Sector)
- Experience dealing with Funding from Public Bodies (e.g HSE, Probation Service)
- Good knowledge of Financial Management in the Not For Profit Sector
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client interfacing skills
- Strong IT skills- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Standard Accounting software packages
- Experience in working and meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with a high professional ethic and identify with the work of Coolmine
- Experience of supervising staff
Interested candidates who meet the Persons Specification requirements should send their cover letter & CV to Justinah Bello, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Tuesday 21st May 2019.
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.